Collaborate presents GauchoPrint is a student-funded printing service that is accessible, easy to use, and located close to most classrooms.
These centralized printing locations in multiple buildings on campus combines convenience with an area to study and receive technical assistance. Additionally, consolidating printing allows UCSB to subsidize students basic instructional printing needs to assist in their classroom success.
How it Works:
Enrolled students are allotted 200 black-and-white pages per quarter (represented as $20.00 in the system) to use for their academic printing needs at any GauchoPrint location. Students needing additional printing can easily add to their quarterly allotment using GauchoBucks among other methods allowing students to publish any of their materials without worry about artificial caps restricting their goals.
Setup and Information
Visit out GauchoPrint Knowledge base for answers to all of your questions. For specific topics, visit their relevant pages:
Collaborate Locations - Unstaffed:
First floor atrium, Ocean Road side of floor.
- This printer is available with normal SRB hours
- Collaborate support for this printer will only be available when our HSSB OA is open.
UCSB Main Library
First floor - mountainside, Sunrise room and Learning Commons
These printers are on the library-queue printer queue.
- These printers are available during normal Library hours
- Support for guest accounts and the printers themselves is provided by the library.
- Students needing support for the netID related issues are supported via any Collaborate staffed location.
Located throughout UCSB Resident Halls
These printers are on the housing-queue printer queue.
- Detailed information can be found here: https://info.resnet.ucsb.edu/services/print-services