Box provides a secure, cloud-based storage and collaboration service to all members of the UC Santa Barbara community. Since 2015, UCSB has contracted with Box to provide a unified storage solution available to anyone with a UCSBnetID. In conjunction with Collaborate and ETS, Box offers unlimited storage capabilities, at no cost to individuals or departments.
What is Box?
- A campus-supported, non-mandatory, secure cloud-based storage solution.
- Built-in tools to create and share files with anyone, including real-time collaborative editing support for documents in Microsoft Office Online.
- Unlimited, encrypted file storage.
- FERPA compliant - Interested in HIPPA/PII?
- UC Santa Barbara and Box respect your privacy. Access is protected by UC Santa Barbara's Electronic Communications Policy and contract with Box.
Future Box Improvements
- Fileshare functionality for departments and research groups has been highly requested and will be available soon.
- ?HIPPA/PII data cannot be stored in Box yet, but ways to add this option are being explored. If you use this type of data, and are interested in storage options, please let staff know by submitting a help ticket.
- Go to ucsb.box.com
- Log in using your UCSBnetID and password.
- Drag and drop files, collaborate, and customize to suit your needs.
Click the "Start Here" folder in Box to familiarize yourself with the service and tools available to you.