Box provides a secure, cloud-based storage and collaboration service to all members of the UC Santa Barbara community. Since 2015, UCSB has contracted with Box to provide a unified storage solution available to anyone with a UCSBnetID. In conjunction with Collaborate and ETS, Box offers unlimited storage capabilities, at no cost to individuals or departments.
What is Box?
- A campus-supported, non-mandatory, secure cloud-based storage solution.
- Built-in tools to create and share files with anyone, including real-time collaborative editing support for documents in Microsoft Office Online.
- Unlimited, encrypted file storage.
- FERPA compliant - Interested in HIPPA/PII?
- UC Santa Barbara and Box respect your privacy. Access is protected by UC Santa Barbara's Electronic Communications Policy and contract with Box.
Future Box Improvements
- Fileshare functionality for departments and research groups has been highly requested and will be available soon.
- HIPPA/PII data cannot be stored in Box yet, but ways to add this option are being explored.
- Go to ucsb.box.com
- Log in using your UCSBnetID and password.
- Drag and drop files, collaborate, and customize to suit your needs.
Click the "Start Here" folder in Box to familiarize yourself with the service and tools available to you.